We moved into a new place in July of last year that was anything but new. The floors were so grimy that we gave them a quick once-over and continued moving in. The one in our bathroom was RIDICULOUS. Being that it wasn’t the one used often, we let it go and covered it with a rug. *I* knew what was under there… and it bugged me. Well, yesterday was THE DAY! I decided to tackle it, and also to see which would work better, nontoxic white vinegar or the toxic Multi-surface Cleaner on which I had previously relied.
I cleaned one tile with the vinegar, diluted by half water. A mop and then a scrubbing sponge didn’t cut it, so I broke out the BIG GUNS, my RIGHT HAND MAN:
I got one square scrubbed with the vinegar. It DID take some effort! This is what it looked like:
THIS was exciting! I grabbed the Scrubbing bubbles and did another:
The one on the left was cleaned with the vinegar, the one on the right, with the toxic cleaner! The left was much easier to clean. I have NO IDEA what the stuck-on film was all over our floor, but I would guess it was a buildup of hairspray from an extended time!
The kids thought it looked like fun:
I wouldn’t have let them clean with the TOXIC Scrubbing bubbles. They and I had a great time cleaning, and it looked fantastic when we finished!
THINK about what you are cleaning with. It goes down the drain, and into our Earth.